Our garden furniture business was first established back in 1994 and we are now recognised throughout the UK and Europe as one of the leading manufacturers of quality outdoor furniture ranges.
We have many inspiring ranges designed to make you feel at home in your garden with a substantial choice of both traditional and contemporary furniture, all designed and produced to exacting standards.
“Alexander Rose furniture is crafted for life, made for all seasons, and built to last.”
Environment & Ethical Values
We take our environmental and ethical responsibilities very seriously and are ever wanting to become more green. We prioritise the sustainable sourcing of our products, and utilise only factories which possess good employee conditions – This has long been our way of business and is fundamental to our core beliefs and values.
- Quality and safety will not be compromised
- We will know the stories of our products; and consequently, the well being of the environment and the people involved
- The timber we use will come from well-managed forests
- We will seek to minimise the environmental impact of the other associated raw materials we use
- Working conditions in our supplier factories and throughout the supply chain will meet the highest standards
- We will dedicate resources to the development of carbon footprint reduction across our diverse range of product materials
- We will not over-package order our products, and we will maximise our use of recyclable materials for packaging
- We will explain to our consumers how to minimise the impact on the environment by recommending regular maintenance and care products, to prolong the longevity of our products
- We will design our products to make recycling as easy as possible
- We will minimise the need to use toxic chemicals in our products and their production processes
We’re proud to have been at the forefront of garden furniture design and manufacturing since 1994. For close on 30 years we have built our reputation by listening to our customers, sharing their enthusiasm and bringing passion, experience and skill to the design and manufacture of quality garden furniture.
Alexander Rose was formed in 1994, by Borge Leth, a quintessential Dane, and the Pepera’s – a wealthy Ghanaian family. Their vision was to sell garden furniture to the UK market, from their extensive factory in West Africa. The Pepera family remained 100% shareholders until 2010.
By 2008 we were designing more and more ranges to reflect the consumers desires to get the ‘indoor and outdoor’ look and launched a range of deep-seat outdoor weave living sets to accommodate which is the Ocean Pearl range – manufactured in our own factory in Cebu, The Philippines.
In 2010 the Pepera family sold their shares, and a new owner was found, the Roda Group, from Bolivia, who became the majority shareholder, together with the original founder and current Managing Director, Borge Leth.
Our primary wooden garden furniture ranges are produced from our factory in Bolivia and include our main sustainable wood collections. Our woven furniture, crafted onto powder-coated aluminium frames, is manufactured in our Cebu Philippines factory where century-old traditions of hand made weaving still take place.
Today, we sell quality garden furniture to a variety of business customers from high end retailers and garden centres nationwide, through to contractors; such as Architects, Interior Designers and Landscape Designers working on projects for Hotels, Spas, Restaurants, Golf Clubs and Care Homes. We also export 20% of our products to Europe.
Creativity – Innovation, fresh thinking and a dynamic approach is present in everything we do, from design and manufacture, to sales and customer service
Collaboration – We work closely together as a team, with our customers and with the communities where we source and make our products
Legacy – We want everything we do and make to have a positive, long-lasting impact, creating value for everyone
Individualism – We are who we are and do what we do because of our people – dedicated, quirky, fun-loving, real people
Integrity – We are open with our staff, our suppliers and our customers
Respect – We care about our people, our products, our customers, and our planet and we show this through sustainable initiatives, our product quality, design and production and our exceptional levels of customer service
To make outdoor living stylish, enjoyable and long-lasting.
From seed we grow, we design and we craft furniture that you are proud to own.